As a part of the Solvency 2 project they have set up a new data management function to support the process and quality of investment data (asset and market data) for their whole group. As the delivery manager you will provide leadership and decision making in resolving issues relating to business requirements and working towards an effective and efficient operating model. You will define, build and develop the strategy moving forward of the function. You will also manage team and individuals with the teams objectives as well as build SLAs with key stakeholders. This will involve working extensively with Data SMEs, Vendors and technical experts to understand the requirements to create a delivery solution to meet there needs. Main responsibilities would include:
- Provide leaderships, direction and be a point of escalation for any data sourcing issues and ensure the business is working towards a consistent approach across the business with regards to the sourcing of Investment Data
- Liaise with various stakeholders globally to provide guidance and direction in any licensing agreements
- Work with IT to ensure the data management functions requirements are delivered effectively
- Work closely with market data providers such as Bloomberg to ensure the best commercial terms are met
- Identify key risks and issues relating to the group wide data work and put in place a strategy to mitigate this
- Manage the Data Management Team (including appraisals, performance reviews, meetings and deal with processes) and develop a strategy.
To be considered for this role you will have extensive and proven man-management experience and in-depth knowledge and substantial experience working within the data environment at either a data vendor, investment manager, bank or custodian. You will be able to demonstrate clear leaderships skills and where you have developed a strategy in previous roles and prevent solutions to obstacles. You will have the ability to demonstrate outstanding key stakeholder management skills. You will have detailed knowledge of securities and investment products and have the ability to analysis and manipulate data. You will have experience of using Bloomberg and Reuters and have strong excel skills. IMC or IAQ qualification would be highly beneficial. As an individual you will have exceptional communication skills and have the ability to work and manage a team in a changing environment. You will highly motivated and hardworking.
Jobs Like This Near London, UK
GO TO EMPLOYER WEBSITE
Click on the button below to go to the Mayford James website and apply for Delivery Manager - Data Management Team Manager.