Details of job as follows:
In the role of Quantitative Analyst the successful individual will work to enhance the analysis capability and infrastructure across key strategic areas of business. Working in the Quantitative Analysis Unit, you will operate as an internal consultant across all areas of the firms operations. You will play a key role in research, analysis and communication of results in these areas to senior management.
The successful candidate will hold a third-level qualification in a quantitative or technical discipline and will have a minimum of 3 years' experience in a role where quantitative skills were applied. You will be required to demonstrate academic and real-world examples which highlight your excellent numerical ability and your understanding of statistics, pricing, modelling and business analysis. You must have developed technical skills which will enable your analysis, including demonstrating the ability to handle large data sets, knowledge of mathematical computation packages, programming in a languages such as VBA/C#, as well as having knowledge and experience with SQL and database structures.
Success in your role will be measurable through enhanced Quants understanding and impact on the business. You will drive the design and implementation of more efficient processes within the Risk Department and will be an energetic advocate for, and implementer of, profit-driving and strategic analysis, improved customer management techniques and new and innovative product development ideas. You will also be responsible for ensuring that demand from business managers across the company for such initiatives continues to grow into the future.
This role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work on business changing projects and make a real difference to the successful operation of the business model. Working within the fast moving Quants team you will expand your existing numerical and technology capabilities while working on a wide spectrum of real-life problems and challenges. You will use your existing skills, allied to your on-the-job learning and energy, to add to the overall Quants body of knowledge and, through your work, will gain a thorough understanding of business and the firms online and retail operations. The role offers great potential for progression into obtaining a niche expertise or into the wider organisation.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Conduct research and analysis into key business drivers, customer management, special offers, financial performance and new business opportunities;
- Work individually or within the wider Quants team to initiate and implement bottom-line-impacting projects within the Risk Department;
- Identify areas where our research can be expanded, work with external resources to implement solutions to real-world problems & encourage the growth of the Quants brand;
- Drive the expansion of the body of knowledge within the Quants team and across the business;
- Production of actionable outcomes from quantitative analysis including:
- Production of incisive reports, informing the business of internal and external issues;
- Research and analysis on new product opportunities and pricing mechanisms;
- Development of decision rules for risk management systems;
- Development of KPIs and operating metrics;
- Modelling of retrospective and prospective profitability;
- Adhoc consultancy.
- Provide thought leadership for the business as part of a centre of excellence:
- Work collaboratively across groups to secure buy-in and drive issues to resolution and ideas to acceptance;
- Increase the effectiveness of staff and tools by recognising opportunities for development and following through to create new systems and structures;
- Data mining the firms databases of sports, specials and customer transactions to drive and support the findings of your work.
- Other duties as required by Head of Quants
- Numerate university degree or equivalent highly desirable;
- Minimum 2-3 years commercial experience in an analytical or quantitative role;
- Demonstrable ability to apply aptitude and analytical rigour to perform structured analysis of data and synthesise into useful formats bringing actionable insights;
- Pro-active problem solver attitude with flexibility to work across an open, fast moving entrepreneurial company. Evidence of independent and lateral thinking a big plus;
- Distinctive research, problem solving and analytical skills, combined with strong business judgment;
- Distinctive ability in Microsoft Excel and Excel VBA an advantage;
- Demonstrated statistical ability and experience of using statistical software and techniques (S-Plus, R, SPSS etc) an advantage;
- Knowledge of SQL and manipulation of large datasets a distinct advantage;
- Programming languages such as C++ or Java an advantage.