The Internal Audit department of the European Bank for Reconstruction & Development provides an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve the Bank's operations. It assists the Bank to accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to the evaluation and improvement of the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
The Head of Internal Audit reports directly to the EBRD's President. The Internal Audit function has to be highly visible, unquestionable in its independent role and needs to command the necessary respect and authority in dealing with the most senior managers in the EBRD and its Board of Directors.
The successful applicant will manage all the internal audit requirements covering the EBRD's IT infrastructure, applications, business processes and governance. This includes working on integrated audits alongside business colleagues in a relatively small but experienced team.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
• Manage the recruitment and professional development of a supporting IT Auditor.
• Establish and cultivate a working relationship with the IT department and the Operational Risk & Information Security function.
• Maintain an updated IT audit universe and drive the related annual risk assessment and audit prioritisation process.
• Schedule planned audit engagements, propose a risk-based audit plan, perform the audit work and/or supervise the work of the IT Auditor and any contractors, discuss the findings and proposed recommendations with the business and draft a high quality report for management comment, all within the established timeframe.
• Carry out specific ad-hoc responsibilities and tasks, including advisory work, as assigned by Internal Audit management.
Essential Skills, Experience & Qualifications
• Degree from a leading university, preferably with a finance, business or IT focus, or other relevant post graduate degree or professional qualification such as ACA, ACCA, CPA, CA.
• CISA qualification essential; CISM/CISSP a plus.
• Working knowledge of the IIA Standards, CIA/PIA qualification a plus.
• At least 8 years of IT audit/risk assurance post qualification experience in an internal or external audit environment exposed to banking or financial services, with a proven track record of progression.
• Extensive understanding of the IT security environment, policies, guidelines and standards including ISO 27001/2, as well as a broad understanding of corporate IT infrastructures and technologies.
• Ability to communicate findings and recommendations effectively in English, especially in writing reports to an extremely high standard.
Competencies & Personal Attributes
• Self-motivated, resourceful, thorough, and capable of working under time pressure, both independently and as part of a team, with minimal supervision.
• Excellent organisational and multi-tasking skills, including the ability to prioritise and schedule workload.
• Excellent diplomatic, interpersonal and supervisory skills.
• Ability to build effective working relationships with clients and colleagues.
• Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive issues.
• Attracted to the multi-cultural environment and mission of the EBRD.
This job description is not limited to the responsibilities listed and the incumbent may be requested to perform other relevant duties as required by business needs.