La Banque Internationale à Luxembourg is the oldest bank of the Luxembourg financial centre. Founded in 1856, BIL is a one of the biggest banking institutions in Luxembourg, major actor in Retail Banking with 40 agencies overall the country, privileged partner for SME's, big companies and municipalities and the Centre of reference for the Private Banking in Luxembourg and Switzerland.
The job :
In addition to a team management, the Portfolio Manager will take care of the clients' portfolios in view of delivering an absolute return and will ensure the relevant communication.
Objectives and constraints:
- Achieve an absolute portfolio performance while respecting risk requirements
- Ensure that the clients' overall expectations are being met.
- Ensure the clients' mandates are compliant with our internal procedures, and investment processes.
Main job responsibilities include:
- Organize the tasks in the fixed income team and supervise the results of the colleagues
- Implement the investment strategy through portfolio construction on tailor-made portfolios and ensure that the portfolios are in line with the individual clients' risk profiles and contractual constraints
- Enhance the overall competence by being a team player and sharing your understanding in global markets on rates, spreads and individual issuers
- Contribute to the development of the financial strategy via participation in investment committees, creation of investment cases (recommendations) on fixed income
- Ensure the specific client communication and client reporting on portfolio performance and investment strategy by using our proprietary communication tools
- Provide technical assistance to BIL private bankers in their efforts to gain new private clients mandates.
Essential educational background and skills :
- License / Master: BAC +4/5, from a highly accredited university
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in portfolio management, especially in fixed income, excellent knowledge of financial markets and financial instruments.
- Languages: English, French both orally and in writing (other languages are a plus).
- Efficient in office tools with an emphasis on Excel, Access, know how of financial data providers (Bloomberg, Reuters, Lipper, Morning Star..); an understanding of various financial statistics softwares is appreciated.
Other important personal attributes:
- Good capacities in people management are required
- Team spirit
- A specialization within an asset class or investment universe is appreciated
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Assertive, flexible and open for change.
Jobs Like This Near Luxembourg, LU
GO TO EMPLOYER WEBSITE
Click on the button below to go to the Banque Internationale à Luxembourg website and apply for Head of Portfolio Management - Fixed Income (M/F), based in Luxembourg.