Invesco is one of the UK's largest and most successful independent investment management organisations. As part of the wider Invesco family, we are part of a global organisation with over US$680 billion under management, offices in more than 20 countries and some 7000 employees around the world.
We believe in longevity and our investment team has evolved over the years to include some of the industry's leading players. Key attributes of our success include managing with conviction, maintaining focus on the long term, challenging convention rather than following it and our belief in truly active fund management.
We like to think our employees are best in class and we focus on rewarding employees on merit. The expectations are high but in return we put a great deal of effort into creating a first-class working environment. We consider that by working together we can achieve more. We treat one another with respect and value a collaborative environment. We welcome the different ideas, perspectives and expertise our employees bring to the company. Aside from investment management there are career opportunities across the full range of business functions.
This position is to be based in our Henley office and the scope of responsibility will be to manage all audit requirements for Invesco's IT systems in EMEA. The role will be part of our corporate Audit team but will have a specific focus on our IT systems. The Audit Manager will perform portions of the audit work, supervise and review work performed by any staff auditors or third party contractors, and present audit results and recommendations to management.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate analysis of risk in areas of assigned audit responsibility and prepare proposed internal audit plans based on the results of the risk analysis.
- Schedule planned audits and coordinate planning for specific audits.
- Prepare audit programs and approaches that meet the objectives of those audits, with a focus on internal control design and testing.
- Perform audit work and supervise the performance of work by any assigned staff or contractors, including reviewing workpapers, documenting control weaknesses or inefficiencies and managing the completion of the audit within the given timeframe.
- Prepare audit results and conduct exit meetings to obtain management concurrence and responses.
- Prepare audit reports and clear those reports with auditees prior to issuance.
- Keep Regional Director informed of audit activities.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by the Regional Director.
- Actively contribute to developing a culture of risk and control awareness throughout the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Information Technology preferred. Other business related degrees considered depending upon relevant experience. MBA a plus.
- Proven experience of public accounting (preferably within a Big 4 organisation) and/or internal auditing experience, including acting in the capacity of a supervisor.
- Experience within the asset management or securities industries required, with specific expertise in investment products (equities, fixed income, alternatives), portfolio management, trading and investment operations and finance.
- Equivalent relevant experience in the investment management industry may be substituted for direct audit experience.
- CPA, CA, CIA, CISA, or CISSP preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter. Must be able to work without frequent direct supervision. Results-oriented. Comfortable as an individual contributor on certain assignments.
- Pro-active problem solver with the ability to thoroughly identify and investigate issues and determine the appropriate course of action. Work through contentious issues with customers in a non-confrontational style.
- Ability to handle confidential information and communicate clearly with individuals at a wide range of levels on sensitive matters.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent project management and administrative skills.
- Excellent supervisory, relationship management, and team building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse, cross-functional, and international environment.
- Comfortable with changing environment. Adaptable.
- Potential for domestic and international travel of 30%.