Towers Watson is a leading global professional services company that helps organizations improve performance through effective people, financial and risk management. With 14,000 associates around the world we offer solutions in the areas of employee benefit programs, talent and reward programs, and risk and capital management.
As companies struggle to improve business performance, they increasingly expect risk management to support broader financial objectives. Towers Watson understands the crucial link between risk and capital, whether you are an insurer concerned about capital management, a CFO focused on risk management or an investment committee seeking to balance risk and return. As a leading investment consultancy, we help organizations manage investment complexity, establish risk tolerance and improve governance.
The successful candidate will help design, model, present, arrange, implement and then monitor derivative-based investment solutions, for mainly UK-domiciled pension schemes. The ideal candidate will have a strong quantitative background, good communication skills and a keen interest in financial markets.
- Model and develop an understanding of cashflow liability data in order to determine interest rate and inflation-type sensitivity.
- Develop knowledge of swaps and derivatives markets in order to assist more experienced team members to design and critically evaluate different liability-based investment solutions.
- Build strong relationships internally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrate natural ease and effectiveness when dealing with clients/colleagues at all levels.
- Deal professionally and incisively with investment banks and asset managers in order to contribute to the understanding of their execution capability and pricing keenness.
- Liaise with members of the wider Investment business and other businesses (eg Retirement, RCS) in order to gain the necessary data and understanding of the client's needs.
- Deal with Lead consultants in order to iteratively provide a suitable solution, presented well with delivery in a timely manner.
- Support senior team members in construction and delivery of presentations to clients.
- Minimum of Maths A level at grade A or B
- Minimum of 2:1 Degree in a numerate subject
- Honed working practices to deliver timely and accurate solutions, sometimes at short notice
- Team-player; able to fit seamlessly into a team of senior and more junior people all focussed on delivering work of exceptional quality
- Good IT (especially Excel) skills
- Some liability knowledge, likely obtained through pursuit/achievement of CFA, Actuarial or Financial Engineering qualifications
- Some knowledge of traditional asset classes
- Knowledge of derivatives (particularly Sterling Rates/Inflation) and investment consulting regimes in regard to UK pensions schemes
Jobs Like This Near London, UK
Articles Related to Towers Watson
GO TO EMPLOYER WEBSITE
Click on the button below to go to the Towers Watson website and apply for Investment Analyst.