Where is it based?
- Are you experienced or managing the accounting records for several business units
- Proven ability to process month end tasks in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills
If so, this important position may be just what you are looking for.
Who is my manager?
Manager, Revenue Assurance
Who are we?
Synonymous with accuracy, integrity and trust, Dow Jones & Company is one of the most respected brands in providing news and business information world-wide.
What is the role?
Responsible for a number of business units, the Financial Accountant will work closely with the Financial Controller ensuring that the accounting records for the various entities under their control are complete, accurate and prepared in accordance with the relevant accounting standards.
You will perform necessary month end tasks, ensure balance sheet reconciliations are kept up to date and perform the year end close and the statutory audit process.
What is my personal contribution?
- Perform the necessary month end checks and balances to ensure that the figures are recorded accurately and are complete.
- Prepare reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts under your responsibility in a timely manner.
- Interrogate the ledgers and clean up any historic issues in the areas under your control.
- Assist with the audit and preparation of annual statutory accounts and ensure they are filed within the required timelines.
- Partner with tax team to ensure appropriate returns are filed in a timely fashion.
- Work closely with the US Billing and GL teams to ensure that all entries from the different sub-ledgers are accurately recorded into the Peoplesoft GL.
- Assist with project work as and when it arises.
What do you need from me?
- ACA qualified
- Experience with the preparation and audit of financial statements.
- Experience with a multinational organisation dealing with multiple currency transactions, keeping management and statutory books.
- Exposure to month end and year end close process in a commercial environment.
- Good working knowledge of excel. E.g must be able to use vlookup, pivots, sumif etc and know when to use them.
- Proactive flexible attitude with a track record of implementing positive change.
- Excellent time management, communication and co-ordination skills
- Ability to work autonomously and get things done in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written
- An eye for detail resulting in the necessary accuracy
- Some experience of US Gaap and/or IFRS
- Media environment experience
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials and nVision.
In return, we offer a professional, progressive and multicultural environment for you to grow both personally as well as a wide range of benefits offered by a global company.
How do you apply?
If you feel that this position matches your skills, experience and motivation then please submit your CV which must state your salary expectations to be considered to
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted
Closing date: Friday 1 February 2013
Jobs Like This Near London, UK
Articles Related to Dow Jones
GO TO EMPLOYER WEBSITE
Click on the button below to go to the Dow Jones website and apply for Financial Accountant.