State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $23.441 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.065 trillion in assets under management at September 30, 2012, State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs 29,650 worldwide. For more information, visit State Street's web site at www.statestreet.com.
Promoting a culture of excellence
With more than 29,650 employees across 29 countries, at State Street, our people are our greatest asset. We recognize that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect our commitment to employee engagement, Global Inclusion and corporate social responsibility -- to help you build a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills.
We're a company that insists on, and rewards, performance excellence. We know our success hinges on attracting the best people to join us -- people like you.
We encourage you to explore the possibilities that a career at State Street can offer you.
State Street is committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Purpose Of Role:
Senior Fund Accounting role within Global Services
To prepare and review for completeness and accuracy all components of interim and final accounts and associated monthly reconciliation packs for a variety of funds produced personally and by other team members.
Specific Duties include but are not limited to:
Management of Team Deliverables
• Prepare & review accounts in SORP format with supporting schedules.
• Prepare & review estimated and confirmed distribution rates for publication and announcement to the markets.
• Work with the tax team to prepare corporation tax and income tax computations for insertion in the accounts and submission to Inland Revenue.
• Preparation and review of reconciliations of expenses, interest, dividends and withholding tax.
• Prepare and review monthly reconciliation packs with supporting schedules.
• Proof read up to final stage of the accounts for arithmetical and type setting accuracy and consistency.
• Preparation and review of monthly Trustee reconciliations and updating monthly trustee discrepancy letters.
• Ensuring own and other team members respond to all queries from trustees, custodians and clients.
• Perform quality and internal controls in respect of all team deliverables.
• Identify and implement process and product improvements, documenting where necessary.
• Ensure adherence to all departmental and company wide procedural guidelines (e.g. timekeeping, dress, and holiday cover)
• Maintain up to date procedures and client deliverable details.
• Communicating effectively with colleagues through formalised reporting and liaison on ad hoc matters
• Ensure effective logging and resolution of enquiries and liaise with appropriate parties to resolve/ escalate queries / problems within agreed timescales.
• Ensure the line manager and others, as appropriate, are kept aware of all issues/problems/queries/work in progress that may impact upon the quality of service being given.
• Resolve review points highlighted by Line Manager and ensure they are kept informed of progress.
• Provision of liaison point with auditors, trustees and clients and be able to explain figures prepared to third parties.
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients and colleagues.
• Undertake appropriate housekeeping duties e.g. filing and operation of clean desk policy.
Training and Personal Development:
• Take responsibility for personal development and training.
• Work with the Line Manager to identify objectives at the start of each year and keep them up to date.
• Actively participate in the appraisal process by completing a self-evaluation and suggesting appropriate development.
• Involvement in departmental ad-hoc projects.
• Involvement in the training and development of other team members as necessary reporting back to the Line Manager where needed.
• Make recommendations for changes to processes and procedures and prepare documentation for review as required.
Work Parameters Or Boundaries:
State Street Employee Handbook
Internal Procedures Manual
Performance Planning and Review System (PPR)
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
• Numeracy / Literacy skills
• PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing
• Understanding of fund administration.
Level Of Education:
• Accountancy or Business degree or equivalent
• Highers obtained (including A/B grade is preferred) or equivalent
• Obtained or studying towards obtaining a professional accountancy qualification would be useful but not essential.
• Studying towards IAQs
Previous Level Of Experience:
• Proven previous experience of accounting for unit trusts, OEIC's or other collective investment schemes
Key Critical Skills / Behaviours:
• Takes Ownership and Initiative - Core
• Ensures Accuracy and Quality - Core
• Inspires Trust - Core
• Communicates Effectively - Core
• Demonstrates Confidence and Adaptability - Core