State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $23.441 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.065 trillion in assets under management at September 30, 2012, State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs 29,650 worldwide. For more information, visit State Street's web site at www.statestreet.com.
Promoting a culture of excellence
With more than 29,650 employees across 29 countries, at State Street, our people are our greatest asset. We recognize that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect our commitment to employee engagement, Global Inclusion and corporate social responsibility -- to help you build a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills.
We're a company that insists on, and rewards, performance excellence. We know our success hinges on attracting the best people to join us -- people like you.
We encourage you to explore the possibilities that a career at State Street can offer you.
State Street is committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Contract role for 5 Months
The Project Manager is responsible for the project coordination within Transfer Agency. The Project Manager will develop business cases and requirements. He/she will actively lead project meetings, monitor the progress of the assigned projects and provide updated status to the business units. The Project Manager will document issues, coordinate solutions and monitor their closure. The Project Manager is also responsible for the coordination of testing and implementation of the project. He/she will assist in the development of procedures, controls and training. The Project Manager will be expected to work on several projects at one time.
The Project Manager interacts with all groups involved in the project lifecycle, both internal and external, with the ultimate goal of ensuring successful completion of the project
- Conversion Strategy Documentation
- Management of client-facing projects
- Client Project Calls and Governance
- Legacy Admin Project calls and Governance
- Management of BA's Workflow/Challenges/Escalation
- Internal Senior Management Steering
- Workstream Meeting (internal - Office Grade)
- Conversion Strategy Management
- Conversion Strategy Documentation
- Develops the Business Case in conjunction with the Project sponsor.
- Defines project scope based on the Project sponsor's objectives together with input from the appropriate stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Liaises extensively with clients to establish exact requirements, agree solutions and define timeframes for project deliverables
- Proactive identification and management of project risks, ensuring that the appropriate measures are taken to ensure that all stakeholders have an appropriate appreciation of the key risks and that the required steps to mitigate these risks are completed.
- Thorough documentation throughout the project life cycle including collation of all required signoffs
- Issue tracking and management, ensuring that the appropriate stakeholders are in agreement with the resolution steps
- Performs a cost/benefit analysis under the direction of the Project Owner Monitors project milestones
- Reports project status and issues to business unit on a regular basis.
- Coordinates User Acceptance Testing and implementation planning
- Assists with the development of the Training Program for the project
- Interfaces with other business units involved in the project and coordinates the project team and activities across all organizations involved in the project
- Coordinates internal Legal & Risk requests
- Works within the Transfer Agency Project Office structure and ensures that all standard templates are used
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED -
Minimum 4-5 years of management/supervisory/project management experience in financial services
Experience of new business implementation would be an advantage
University degree in accounting, banking, finance, business administration, or equivalent professional qualification
Advanced computer skills (MS Office: Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, Project...Excellent communication skills,
Knowledge of Transfer Agency function an advantage
Good organisational skills.
Strong attention to detail.
Ability to work to deadlines
Strong problem solving skills.
Excellent communication, interaction and influencing skills.
Ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels
Self motivated, innovative and analytical.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Strong Presentation and Facilitating skills
Good prioritisation and time management.
Ability to engage successfully in multiple initiatives simultaneously
End to end experience of project lifecycle