Fitch Ratings, a global rating agency dual-headquartered in New York and London with 51 offices worldwide, dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, research and data. We transform information by offering knowledge and experience behind every opinion to deliver meaning and utility to investors, issuers and other market participants. Fitch Ratings' global expertise draws on local market knowledge, spanning the fixed-income universe. The context, perspective and insights we provide help investors make important credit judgments with confidence.
Since 2008, Fitch Solutions has offered a range of comprehensive data, analytical tools and risk services to fixed-income investors and other market participants. The firm also distributes Fitch Ratings' credit ratings, research and data through various platforms. Product offerings cover research services, risk and performance analytics, structured finance solutions, pricing and valuation services, quantitative analytics and training.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions are part of the Fitch Group. The Fitch Group is a subsidiary of Fimalac, S.A., headquartered in Paris, France.
The International Public Finance Group (IPF) is responsible for assigning and maintaining international credit ratings of public entities and their debt issues. The Group currently maintains more than 210 ratings in Europe, Middle-East and Africa and consists of 24 analysts, 3 of which are based in Paris, primarily covering public ratings in France. The rest of the Group is based in Milan, Barcelona, Frankfurt, Warsaw and Moscow, covering the rest of Europe and Africa.
Based in Paris IPF Team, the post-holder would report to the EMEA Team Leader of IPF in Paris. We are looking for an analyst with experience in economic and financial analysis, ideally in Public Finance, concentrating primarily on public entities (local and regional governments and public sector entities) in the EMEA area. The successful candidate will travel and conduct in-depth meetings with senior management of rated public entities, establish a working relationship with relevant officials, update databases, write credit reports, present and discuss credit analysis to a rating committee and prepare reports for publication, including press releases. He/she will also prepare supporting research and participate to methodological works. It is important that the candidate should be able to work independently while also being a good team player and be able to cope with time pressure and deadlines, happy to travel and experience new cultures.
- Organise rating visits
- Produce credit reports and other written output
- Initiate/originate comments and other research
- Participate in rating policies and criteria developments/discussions
- A good educational background, including strong results at degree (or equivalent) level.
- A balance of incisive numerical and analytical skills, together with an ability to speak and write concise, fluent English and French.
- Numerate, with experience in writing essays/reports and proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Appropriate post-graduate academic or professional qualifications in Public Sector/Economics.
- Some evidence of multicultural experience is preferable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work according to tight deadlines and strong degree of flexibility required to take on additional responsibilities, as required.
To apply please submit a cover letter and most recent CV, including any remuneration details, via the enclosed links.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer that employs people across the full spectrum of society. Fitch works hard to create a workplace with an emphasis on inclusion, innovation and merit. By valuing diversity and equality in our workplace, we believe it adds strength to our business.