Leading a team of 3-5 based at the European Service Centre in Dublin. Reporting to the Director of Financial Operations, the manager is responsible for the delivery of key elements of the FA&R service for the country of responsibility, principally in the areas of group monthly management reporting; support for the group external reporting and local statutory reporting, handling financial information requirements of internal customers; ensuring optimal delivery of financial information from internal Shared Service Centres and acting as the lead contact for external auditors for country specific queries.
Along with the other Financial Accounting & Reporting Managers, is responsible for aligning the financial accounting activity in Europe with the Hertz Mission, Vision and Values, delivering the necessary external reporting responsibilities in a quality and least cost way and partnering key stakeholders by delivering financial information and analysis to support their operational decision making.
Together with other Financial Accounting & Reporting Managers, the position acts as a Financial Accounting SME for Europe.
The key responsibilities and accountabilities for the incumbent are to:
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of the actual country results reported each month
- Ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are completed and reviewed to time
- Ensure internal control over financial reporting for the Country supported
- Provide quality support to the Finance Business Partner to understand the actual results and variances to forecast
- Helps coordinate the delivery of US external financial reporting requirements in country. Plans, schedules, and oversees monthly, quarterly, and year end close activities to meet the Europe timetable.
- Manage the relationships between Dublin, the Country, HEL and OKC
- Ensures country group reporting accuracy and compliance with US GAAP and local GAAP.
- In conjunction with the other Financial Accounting & Reporting Managers, ensures consistency, standardization, improvements and best practice across all processes.
- Provides technical guidance to key stakeholders on group accounting policies and procedures, chart of accounts and application of GAAP.
- Educate financial and non-financial management in financial matters, improving the general level of awareness of finance and accounting throughout the Company
- Principal contact for external auditors for specific country issues/queries.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion (in conjunction with Country Tax Manager as applicable) of US GAAP requirements, including US GAAP year-end tax reporting package, Provision to Return package, and monthly tax roll forwards.
- Local tax compliance obligations, including completion of VAT returns, other tax returns, provision of data / analysis to KPMG (and Country Tax Manager as applicable) to support tax audits / CIT returns etc.
- Assists the Financial Accounting & Reporting Manager - Statutory Accounts in the review / approval of statutory account filings throughout Europe, used for tax, financing, vendors etc.
- Big 4 Audit experience
- 5+ years PQE
- Experienced in a finance manager role beyond practice
- Demonstrated ability to manage above responsibilities at appropriate level of seniority.
- Experience in external financial reporting within a multi-national environment, preferably using US GAAP.
- Knowledge of local GAAP for the Country managed
- External audit experience and knowledge of internal control techniques
- Strong financial and business acumen Good English language plus language of country covered
- Good English language plus language of country covered
- Good technical skills in area of external financial reporting developed in a multinational environment
- Experience of managing teams
- Self motivated and Proactive
- Good communication skills