Purpose of role
Corporate & Investment Banking and Wealth Management New Product Services (NPS) is a professional, goal driven department focused on providing a value-added service to the business. The team is responsible for providing a risk & control focused approval mechanism for any new or variation of products that the Bank wishes to trade. It has a significant presence within the organisation as the NPS function touches upon the business plus all the major infrastructure support areas across the Bank.
Candidates must have a detailed knowledge of product development/ governance/ approval across either Wealth Management/Private Banking domain, Investment Banking or Corporate Banking.
Coordinating the approval process for new products proposals for corporate & investment banking and wealth management products across all asset classes.
- Managing relationships & working closely with Front Office to develop new product proposals and to ensure transparency around those NPA proposals in progress.
- Liaising with Infrastructure representatives to build consensus and solve issues during the gestation period of the new product proposal - by performing preliminary risk assessments.
- Hosting meetings as appropriate to syndicate information & resolve issues.
- Developing partnerships with business and functional heads to ensure timely notification of new proposals and completion of documentation
- Educating NPA stakeholders as to the policy, process and system
- Escalating key issues appropriately & in a timely manner
- Leading or working on key improvement initiatives
- Coordinating regulatory deliverables and representing NPS in meetings with Regulators and audit where needed
- Delivery of senior management reporting.
- Proven career history within financial services
- Solid risk / control-oriented background
- Strong knowledge of investment bank business processes - front to back
- Experience in dealing with senior management
- Strong team management skills
- Solid knowledge of technology and key applications
- Knowledge of change management / process improvement.
Academic and professional qualifications
- Broad knowledge of banking products
- Solid knowledge of front to back process flows
- Ability to manage change and improve processes
- Controls & risk awareness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint and similar reporting tools.
Jobs Like This Near London, UK
GO TO EMPLOYER WEBSITE
Click on the button below to go to the Agg Jones website and apply for VP, New Product Governance.