Division: Private Wealth Management (PWM)
Level of Employment: Part-time (50%), permanent
Job Level: Analyst
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Reports to: Investment Advisor, Team SvA
Bank Morgan Stanley AG provides highly customized financial advice, investment solutions and brokerage services. Our firm connects people, ideas and capital to help our clients achieve their financial aspirations. The talent and passion of our people are critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity and excellence.
As a Sales Assistant in our Private Wealth Management Department you will provide support to the Team desk which comprises one Investment Advisors and one PWM Program Analyst. As the role progresses you should be able to work under a minimum of supervision. A certain understanding of the Microsoft Office package (e.g. Excel) is essential, Reuters, Bloomberg an advantage. This position will be an ideal opportunity to gain initial experience in the area of Private Wealth Management.
• Providing operational and administrative support to the desk.
• Organising and co-ordinating client meetings and agendas.
• Co-ordinating business travel arrangements, including travel itineraries and expenses.
• Assisting in the provision of general client service - account queries, account statements, research and/or market information.
• Maintaining comprehensive, timely and accurate records for all clients.
• Checking commission runs.
• Performing cash management functions for accounts on a daily basis - foreign exchange/hedges, investing in cash alternatives, cash transfers, notification of client overdraft positions as required, for the effective management of client portfolios.
• Reviewing previous days trading and settlements to include cash management activities ensuring client accounts are fully reconciled, instigating remedial action as required, including DVP accounts.
• Seeing through to completion ad-hoc requests/projects given by the Investment Advisor or other Team Members.
• Executing trades and reporting for advisory accounts.
• Setting up and executing cash/stock transfers as required between client's internal accounts.
• Liaising with Operations/Branch Administration.
• Ensuring all corporate actions are dealt with on a timely basis.
• General client service - account, research, market information.
• Preparation and co-ordination of client marketing material.
• Copying / faxing / filing / mailing - client statements and research.
• Executing routine assistant assignments, including correspondence, answering and forwarding phone calls and other general duties.
• Contact with Investment Advisors and Assistants, based in Zurich and London.
• Contact with Clients and potential Clients by phone.
• Contact with several Management/Admin employees located in Zurich, London, New York and Far East.
• The ideal candidate may have 3+ years experience within a similar role in Private Banking, Asset Management, Trading businesses.
• Fluency in English and German, both written and spoken, is essential. Fluency in another European language is an advantage (i.e. French, Swedish or Norwegian).
• FSA qualified, preferred but not required.
• Commercial College, Matura Typ E or equivalent education.
• Academic background would be an advantage.
• Computer literacy, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Some market data user's knowledge (e.g. Reuters, Bloomberg).
• Enthusiastic, self starter.
• Conscientious and thorough in coverage of tasks.
• Persuasive, with good communication skills.
• Well organised and able to adapt, re-prioritise swiftly.
• Proven creative approach to problem solving.
• Proven administrative skills.
• Certain flexibility in regards to working hours.
• Team player.
• Excellent manners, persistent and discreet.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential.