The Equities Product Control team are primarily responsible for the controlling and reporting of the global equities Business, a substantial business unit of the Investment Bank, and to provide management information support to senior heads of the equities business. This global team has over 150 staff based in London, Stamford, Sydney, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Zurich.
Decision Support (DS) is a function that is at the forefront of managing Product Control relationship with key stakeholders. Product Control acts as a CFO to the business and is pro-active in business analysis and assessing key risks. DS takes the lead in understanding derivatives risk items, driving their elimination, and by driving transformational programs that deliver product control requirements. It will also look to create the most efficient structure for performance of the control of the more complex accounting issues within the group.
Your job will involve
• Assisting with the risk based P&L vs. explain P&L project
• Interfacing with Accounting Control and Accounting Policy for complex accounting
• Assist in the migration of P&Ls to new reporting system
• Assist implementation of value add funding and balance sheet reporting
• Execution and enhancing the production of the global Own Credit and NPV processes
• Assist in creating a global balance sheet review process and estimates including SPE accounting
• Coordinate the production of weekly, monthly and quarterly P&L/BS commentaries
• Management of balance sheet velocity and term loan execution process
• Compilation of packs for recurring meetings, for example weekly mgmt pack, FBR, GEDOC etc
• Liaison with Change The Bank (CTB) to ensure appropriate testing and signoff for risk system releases
• Playing an integral part of equity derivatives, working to refine and enhance the process on an ongoing basis, both as a result of change initiated internally in Finance or more broadly by the business.
• Ad hoc work supporting EMEA PC teams
You will have an opportunity to interact with a wide variety and large number of people across the bank including:
• Senior Management within Finance
• Accounting Control & Valuations
• Change departments.
• Risk, Operations and other control and logistics functions
The candidate should be comfortable interacting with individuals of all levels across these functions.
The ideal candidate will come from a product control background with some experience of driving through change within product control.
They will have strong analytical and communication skills required combined with a good understanding of the business environment.
This is a great opportunity for someone to get exposure to a number of current issues and work on a wide variety of initiatives across a varied portfolio.
In summary, this is a challenging and high profile role, working on initiatives at the top of the Investment Bank's agenda. You will have an opportunity to further develop your knowledge of equity products, and increase your understanding of how Finance operates in partnership with the business while also meeting its control objectives.
UBS can offer you an environment geared towards performance, attractive career opportunities, and an open corporate culture that values and rewards the contribution of every individual.
We can offer you an exciting, fast-paced working environment, a culture of mutual respect and teamwork and the opportunity to play a vital role in our growth. If you are attracted to joining an organization where every individual's contribution counts and where your talent will impact on our future, please apply for this position.
UBS is an equal opportunity employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.