When you join Dow Jones, you become part of one of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we're newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television--including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like The Wall Street Journal, Factiva, Barron's, etc. Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world's commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and insight into prosperity. From 58 countries and in a dozen languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content.
Reporting to the Executive Director of News Products, the role of Local Language Services Product Manager is to define and implement a business strategy for the Dow Jones local language news services, with the initial focus on German, French and Dutch services.
• Develop and deliver a strategy for local market solutions tying together Dow Jones content and delivery solutions.
• Through research and competitor analysis, identify areas for growth & development and legacy products to retire,
• Produce business cases for recommendations and successfully take these through the approval process and implementation stages.
• Provide regular reports into senior management on progress against goals
• Apply learnings from this first-phase work in context of other language services, as required
• Support current product portfolio
• Proven experience of working as a business champion ideally within a media organization or financial information vendor.
• Knowledge of routes to market for news services targeting financial professionals and their clients.
• Experience of creating business plans based on analysis and statistics and reporting to key stakeholders such as Sales, Finance, Editorial etc.
• Requires both written and spoken fluency in English, French, and German as a minimum.
• Travel required as part of the role.
Dow Jones, Making Careers NewsWorthy
At Dow Jones our Managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our Employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.