Where is it based?
If so, this exciting position may be just what you are looking for.
Who is my manager?
Manager Product Technology
Who are we?
Synonymous with accuracy, integrity and trust, Dow Jones & Company is one of the most respected brands in providing news and business information world-wide.
What is the role?
The role is within the Enterprise Search Development Team which is responsible for developing the core search engine platform that powers a number of successful Dow Jones products, including Factiva, Wall Street Journal Professional, Banking Intelligence and FX Trader. The team is engaged in a major new project to redevelop and enhance the platform using MarkLogic as the core technology.
What is my personal contribution?
Be part of a small expert team that is responsible for architecture, design and implementation of search engine capabilities for our enterprise business. When required, you will take the lead on implementing solutions.
Collaborate with other teams on developing and supporting both the core software components that we share with other teams and on services we provide for front-end teams to build products.
Take product requirements from our business teams, evaluate them for feasibility and effort and collaborate with them to refine plans. An innovative approach is required – you will be proactive in understanding customer needs and proposing alternative approaches to meet them.
Define, build and execute rigorous and thorough testing plans for assembly, component, life cycle and stress testing phases of implementation.
What do you need from me?
Technical Knowledge Required
- Multi-threaded Java programming on a Unix/Linux platform.
- Search technologies such as MarkLogic, Microsoft FAST ESP or Lucene preferred.
- Web technologies and XML (Web Services, RESTful design, XSLT and/or XQuery for example)
- Solid software applications development.
- Development/testing of distributed fault-tolerant client-server applications.
- Object-oriented design and development methodologies.
- Software performance tuning.
- Linux/Unix shell scripts.
- Experience with other database technologies.
- Experience of C programming preferred.
- Middleware integration, application troubleshooting/debugging tools and techniques.
Interpersonal Skills required
- Adaptable and willing to work with different technologies and operating systems and effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of professionalism: assumes responsibility for successfully completing task assigned.
- Ability to use collaborative working relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Strong customer focus.
- Degree in numerate discipline.
What we offer?
In return, we offer a professional, progressive and multicultural environment for you to grow both personally as well as a wide range of benefits offered by a global company.
How do you apply?
If you feel that this position matches your skills, experience and motivation then please submit your CV which must state your current salary and expectations to be considered.
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted.
Closing date: Friday 31 st May 2013